Product Manager Travel Books
Every day, our talented and multi-faceted team is working on creating the best travel app in the world. From the historical center of Amsterdam we're building the place to go to for travellers that want to plan, track and remember their adventures around the globe.
Our rapidly growing team of 12 (and counting!) is on a mission to inspire and connect people through travel. In the last 3 years we have welcomed over 1.000.000 users who added steps in 180+ countries. Our app was featured in Apple's WWDC keynote speeches of 2017 and 2018, and just a few months ago Google created this amazing short video about us. Surely, this puts a huge smile on our face, but our adventure has only just begun!
Product at Polarsteps
We care deeply about ensuring a seamless, top quality user experience for every one of our travelers. The platform we are building is a fundamentally new type of product and we are continuously iterating and innovating to turn our application into the best travel app out there. As a Product Manager Travel Books you will be part of our product team bringing our Travel Books to an exceptional level of excellence.
What you'll do
- The 3 core pillars of our company are plan, track and remember. You will become responsible for the 'remember'-pillar, which is also our main revenue stream. Our Travel Books are the flagship product within this pillar right now, but more products might be introduced in the future.
- Own Travel Books features end-to-end, including defining product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Create and maintain your team’s roadmap and take responsibility for setting and achieving milestones. Work with your team to estimate, implement, and build features while ensuring that you’re working on the highest priority tasks.
- Manage the daily workflow of the engineers and designers in your team. Do whatever your team needs to help them keep moving. Along the way, you'll partner with colleagues in product, customer support and leadership to create a best-in-class product.
- Demonstrate product taste and craftsmanship and be a champion for the end user informed by research, data and user feedback.
- Help shape Polarsteps' product development process while we grow.
Our ideal candidate should have
- Love for travel, a strong appreciation for user problems, and an ability to distill insights into the right product answer.
- 5+ years of experience building and delivering multiple successful consumer mobile products as an individual contributor (we expect you to get your hands dirty!).
- Ability to paint a concise, compelling vision and rally a team behind it, balancing short term needs with long term strategy.
- Tireless eye for detail and demonstrated obsession with building great user experiences. You have strong product instincts, but keep those in check with a strong eye towards data.
- Ability to transform complex situations into small pieces and prioritize them. You've got the skills to make every detail perfect while limiting the number of details to perfect.
- Technical affinity and a data mindset to help develop and measure the impact of a solution.
- Experience working on fast-growing network-effect products is a big plus.
You know, perks... the cool stuff. Here is a list of things we have to offer. And yes, that free flight to a random location you've been hearing about, it's true. Try it out and give our Teleporter a spin here.
- 28 days of vacay for all your travel desires
- Daily team lunch
- Talented international team
- Office downtown Amsterdam
- Free Travel Books
- Commuting expenses reimbursed
- A free flight using our Teleporter. We believe that what will really make you richer are your travel experiences. That is why once per year you’ll have the chance to use our Teleporter: with the push of a button, the Teleporter will go through all of the locations logged by our users and select a random one that is at least 1.000km away from Amsterdam. This is where your next adventure will take place! The flight is on us.