Senior Product Designer
Every day, our talented and multi-faceted team is working on creating the best travel app in the world. From the historical center of Amsterdam, we're building the place to go to for travelers that want to plan, track and remember their adventures around the globe.
Our rapidly growing team of 16 (and counting!) is on a mission to inspire and connect people through travel. In the last 4 years we have welcomed over 2.000.000 users who added steps in 180+ countries. Our app was featured in Apple's WWDC keynote speeches of 2017 and 2018, and just a few months ago Google created this amazing short video about us. Surely, this puts a huge smile on our face, but our adventure has only just begun!
Design at Polarsteps
We're re-inventing the way travelers plan, track and remember their trips. We care deeply about ensuring a seamless, top-quality user experience for all our travelers. At Polarsteps, everyone, from our CEO to our Support Specialists, strives for this outstanding level of design and usability. For a Product Designer, in particular, this really creates the possibility to craft your designs to perfection.
We provide a fundamentally new type of product and are continuously iterating and innovating to turn our app into the best travel app out there. Since you'll be an early member of the creative team you'll have significant impact on Polarsteps’ user interface, visual brand and Travel Books.
What you'll do
- Produce beautiful, usable and responsive user interfaces and user experiences for our apps (Android, iOS, Web);
- Design sexy brand and marketing materials;
- Create, adapt and interpret design/brand guidelines and translate them into designs;
- Work closely with our product managers to fulfill the overall product/feature vision;
- Present your design concepts and solutions to stakeholders;
- Quickly iterate based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or user feedback;
- Provide prototypes and specs to describe interactions and motion.
Our ideal candidate
- Has 5+ years of experience designing lovable products, sharing a strong portfolio that includes your best work is a breeze for you;
- Is up-to-date with industry related innovations;
- Has worked in an agile team environment;
- Can design a pretty Dribbble shot, but also an easy to use interface that is used by actual people.
You know, perks... the cool stuff. Here is a list of things we have to offer. And yes, that free flight to a random location you've been hearing about, it's true. Try it out and give our Teleporter a spin here.
- 28 days of vacay for all your travel desires
- Daily team lunch
- Flexible working hours
- Talented international team
- Office downtown Amsterdam
- Free Travel Books
- Commuting expenses reimbursed
- A free flight using our Teleporter. We believe that what will really make you richer are your travel experiences. That is why once per year you’ll have the chance to use our Teleporter: with the push of a button, the Teleporter will go through all of the locations logged by our users and select a random one that is at least 1.000 km away from Amsterdam. This is where your next adventure will take place! The flight is on us.